Sunday, April 29, 2012

KCWC Spring 2012

I made a dress for myself just a couple weeks ago.  My daughter loved it and wanted one of her own.  I wasn't going to because there were so many other things I wanted to make for her but then I saw this
all my plans changed. 
I essentially traced the front and back of a tank that fit her well and then lengthen it based on how the Mission Maxi pattern does.
Then I found this tutorial on how to make the asymmetrical hem.  I think that it could be higher in the front and longer in the back, But....

You know the measure twice cut once.  I did that.  Its still too short in the back and I think that I need to hem it still.  Arrggh.


Here is mine that I made.  It is the Mission Maxi dress.  Its the third time I have made it.

Here are the other two dresses I made this week. 

A simple dress with beautiful fabric.


You can never go wrong with a little Oliver&S,  Hopscotch Knit Dress.

I had lots more planned but a night in the emergency room with the two year old for stitches on the chin. A night up at Disneyland (so fun!) and pure exhaustion has kept it limited.  I do think I may have a bit more in me for Sunday night if I can really be efficient.  Or maybe not.

I hope your KCWC was all you had hoped.  Cheers to getting the laundry done.

Clover

2 comments:

lili ash said...

Very cute maxi dresses! Both are beautiful. And I like the length for your daughter's- perfect for a young lady.

Clover said...

Thanks. I think your right. I also hemmed it a bit and it hangs better without curling:-)